Time to nominate yourself or a colleague to serve as a leader of MiALA.
Spring is here, and so is the call for Nominations to serve in the Michigan Academic Library Association!
Leadership takes many forms within MiALA and this year, we are looking for nominations to Board positions, Section leadership positions, and Committee leadership positions. You probably know several colleagues who could do an excellent job of filling them – and don't be shy, we accept self-nominations too! If you are new to academic librarianship in Michigan, it's okay. We'd love to have you, and your fresh voice.
This year, nominations will extend through the Annual conference, followed by elections. Our new leadership will join the team on July 1, 2017.
There is a website with everything you ever wanted to know about MiALA elections at http://miala.org/election_central.php , but here are the basics:
* Vice President/President-Elect, Secretary, Publicly Funded University Rep, Private College Rep, Community College Rep
* Administration section chair-elect, AD section secretary, AD section member-at-large (x2)
* Collections section chair-elect, CL section secretary, CL section member-at-large (x2)
* User Experience section chair-elect, UX section secretary, UX section member-at-large (x2)
* Advocacy Committee Chair, Communications & Marketing Committee Chair, Membership Committee Chair
If you are interested in running, or in nominating a colleague, please find the appropriate form on the Elections website (http://miala.org/election_central.php). If you have any questions, please contact a member of Nominations/Elections committee (Rachel Minkin - email@example.com, Suzanne Bernsten - firstname.lastname@example.org, Angie Kelleher – email@example.com).