Happy National Library Workers DayToday, Tuesday, April 9, 2019 is National Library Workers Day! MiALA wants to celebrate and recognize the hard work and dedication of library support staff by providing a discount for all MiALA members who are library support staff and/or are part time librarians to attend the Annual Conference on May 13 & 14, 2019 at The Conference Center at Saginaw Valley State University.
Members of MiALA who are library support staff and/or are part time librarians can attend the full Annual Conference for $100.
We're excited about all this conference has to offer, including:
There is also special pricing for library staff to attend just one day of the conference (just $75).
- Keynote Speaker Rebecca Blakiston from the University of Arizona
- Pre-conference reception from 5-7 pm Sunday, 5/12 at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bay City (open to all attendees)
- 33 breakout sessions throughout the conference presented by your Michigan and Ohio academic library colleagues
- A “Birds of a Feather” lunch on Monday featuring Interest Group sessions
- Poster session/Information fair featuring 13 posters and 23 information tables
- Dinearounds for dinner on Monday night - a great way to explore what the Saginaw/Bay City area has to offer!
- The MiALA annual membership meeting Tuesday during lunch - see what MiALA has accomplished in the past year, and what's in store for the future!
- Career Services Panel along with an opportunity to receive resumé and interview tips from experts in the field.
Join MiALA today and you will be eligible for these great rates. For more information and to register, go to the Annual Conference 2019 information page.
Tell your friends and hope to see you there!